"Feminism is the radical idea that women are people." Question Who's Online | Find Members | Private Messages
Questions
Quizzes
Articles
My Journal
Forums
Answer Questions | Question Comments | My Questions | Favorites | +Add Question
LATEST
POPULAR PRIORITY RANDOM

All | Games | Funny | Entertainment | Quizzes | Weird | Tech | People | Arts/Lit | News | Science | Sports | Places | Misc

117,193 hits 3.6 (5 votes) Share Favorite | Flag 10 years ago by DoYouWash

Are you a feminist?
"Feminism is the radical idea that women are people."


Put This Question on Your Page (MySpace, Livejournal, Blog, etc)
[Preview] EMBED CODE:


Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 Next (showing 201-225 of 251)

Bottom Last Post

9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 3:43:57 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 11/30/12 - 3:36:00 AM mysocks wrote:
i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that, if you go around calling other women "catty bitches," the movement probably was not really up your alley in the first place


Why?
Because of the word "bitch"? Big deal. I call men dicks too, if you're going to pull that card.
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 3:44:23 AM EST (GMT-5)
You're missing the point that you are talking out of your arse. Feminists emphasise choice in sexual matters.

The fact that you're referring to "promiscuity" all the time says a lot really.
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 3:45:13 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 11/30/12 - 3:00:32 AM _Blackward_ wrote:
When it's a popular opinion among "feminists" that the more people you've f*cked, the more worthy you are, that says a lot about where the movement's gone in recent years.


Why did you put "feminists" in quotation marks?
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 3:48:16 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 11/30/12 - 2:54:13 AM _Blackward_ wrote:
I'm a recovering feminist. I used to think that feminism meant equality, not shaming women less promiscuous than you are.
On Friday 11/30/12 - 3:33:59 AM Ongooshk wrote:
haha, what the f*ck? You have a real problem with "I heard some people say some things and thus the whole movement is rotten"


Well, once feminists begin to practice what they preach and learn to accept other women's decisions again, I'll consider changing my tune.

I've been on feminist websites, and that's how I changed my mind that I was one. This generation's feminism is a catty snob parade.

I'll also have you know that just because I'm not a feminist anymore, doesn't mean that I'm a misogynist. I'm an egalitarian.
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 3:52:35 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 11/30/12 - 3:44:23 AM Ongooshk wrote:
You're missing the point that you are talking out of your arse. Feminists emphasise choice in sexual matters. The fact that you're referring to "promiscuity" all the time says a lot really.


So, if a woman chooses not to be promiscuous, she doesn't deserve to be respected?

Nah, that just makes you a "prude", doesn't it?

Bunch of hypocrites.

And yeah, it does hit close to me, because I was a virgin all the way up until two months ago, and I'm still insecure about my sexuality because the feminist community regularly shames virgins.
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 3:54:37 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 11/30/12 - 3:00:32 AM _Blackward_ wrote:
When it's a popular opinion among "feminists" that the more people you've f*cked, the more worthy you are, that says a lot about where the movement's gone in recent years.
On Friday 11/30/12 - 3:45:13 AM Matthias wrote:
Why did you put "feminists" in quotation marks?


Because feminists used to fight the good fight.

I don't want to believe that it's degenerated into this.
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 3:58:39 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 11/30/12 - 3:52:35 AM _Blackward_ wrote:
So, if a woman chooses not to be promiscuous, she doesn't deserve to be respected? Nah, that just makes you a "prude", doesn't it?

literally nobody is saying this but you
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 3:59:29 AM EST (GMT-5)
Oh, sorry, I didn't realise you'd "been on feminist websites". I bow to your knowledge. I thought I could trust the feminists I actually know in real life, but I was wrong.

And I like how you took what I said and somehow managed to interpret it as exactly the opposite of what I said.

I'll say it again.

Feminists emphasise choice. That includes the choice to not engage in sexual activities. The whole point is that you are the agent of your body and what you do with it is your choice. I'm sorry you've had negative experiences with feminists, but they are not the majority or the popular opinion.
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 3:59:30 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 11/30/12 - 3:52:35 AM _Blackward_ wrote:
the feminist community regularly shames virgins.

who? when? where are you even getting this stuff from?
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 3:59:48 AM EST (GMT-5)
And also, OnGooshK, my "decision" to be a virgin until I was 24 freaking years ago wasn't influenced by dishonoring my family or god or anything else like that. I wasn't sexually active until such a late age because of my social anxieties.

But, according to feminists, I don't deserve respect for that. And that's cool. I don't respect their position either.

My one close friend IS saving herself until marriage. I guess she's worthless too.
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 4:00:21 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 11/30/12 - 3:00:32 AM _Blackward_ wrote:
When it's a popular opinion among "feminists" that the more people you've f*cked, the more worthy you are, that says a lot about where the movement's gone in recent years.
On Friday 11/30/12 - 3:45:13 AM Matthias wrote:
Why did you put "feminists" in quotation marks?
On Friday 11/30/12 - 3:54:37 AM _Blackward_ wrote:
Because feminists used to fight the good fight. I don't want to believe that it's degenerated into this.

So you do realize that those "feminists" you refer to aren't real feminists but insist that that is what real feminism is about?
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 4:01:36 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 11/30/12 - 3:52:35 AM _Blackward_ wrote:
the feminist community regularly shames virgins.
On Friday 11/30/12 - 3:59:30 AM Kungfullama wrote:
who? when? where are you even getting this stuff from?


Manboobz.org.

I was on there for a few days. Then I stumbled across some bitchy comments on there about women who aren't sexually active. It really upset me because I visited that site looking for some comfort and validation for my views.
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 4:01:59 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 11/30/12 - 3:59:48 AM _Blackward_ wrote:
But, according to feminists, I don't deserve respect for that.

????
plz stop telling me what I believe and listen to what I am saying
I do not know a single feminist that thinks this
I really doubt that I ever will
it's unfortunate that you apparently encountered some that hold this position (or were lead to believe that they hold this position) but it's such a minority view that I have genuinely never encountered it until right now

this IS NOT what feminists believe. several of us are telling you this.
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 4:03:19 AM EST (GMT-5)
so you saw a couple people in one thread on some website post some things you found offensive and therefore all feminists believe that?
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 4:04:42 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 11/30/12 - 3:59:29 AM Ongooshk wrote:
Oh, sorry, I didn't realise you'd "been on feminist websites". I bow to your knowledge. I thought I could trust the feminists I actually know in real life, but I was wrong. And I like how you took what I said and somehow managed to interpret it as exactly the opposite of what I said. I'll say it again. Feminists emphasise choice. That includes the choice to not engage in sexual activities. The whole point is that you are the agent of your body and what you do with it is your choice. I'm sorry you've had negative experiences with feminists, but they are not the majority or the popular opinion.


Can you ever be *not* condescending.

I'm not saying I know everything, but I am very disgusted by my experiences with it.

I don't hate women and I'm CERTAINLY not a misogynist...
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 4:05:51 AM EST (GMT-5)
I'm sorry but you can't say other people are being condescending when we've continually said "We believe X" and you've said "No, you actually believe Y"
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 4:08:27 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 11/30/12 - 4:03:19 AM Kungfullama wrote:
so you saw a couple people in one thread on some website post some things you found offensive and therefore all feminists believe that?


I don't want to, but I've seen it more than once. I don't remember all the places I've seen it, but I've seen them say it a lot.

I tried confronting them about it, nobody ever responded. Maybe there was some sort of logic I wasn't getting. But, I just conceded to the belief that they were just that ignorant and fickle once I realized I wasn't getting an answer.
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 4:09:01 AM EST (GMT-5)
honestly they were probably just joking
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 4:11:32 AM EST (GMT-5)
That's fine, but until my experiences with feminists change, I'm probably still going to feel cynical.
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 4:14:51 AM EST (GMT-5)
You should probably talk to some feminists in real life and not Internet trolls.
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 6:39:11 AM EST (GMT-5)
I'm a feminist, blackward!
(i wrote that whole thing on page 7)

Hopefully you've had good experiences with me.
I believe in choice. Nothing wrong with being super sexual, sort of sexual, or asexual. It's all good.

and I know I'm not the only feminist who thinks so.

And, really, I've been kicked out of a feminist group before. I had a very bad experience with the people running it...but feminism isn't the problem. Those particular people were the problem there.

There are many feminists I disagree with. For example, all the anti-trans feminists...
and others.
but I don't hate feminism at all.
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 6:41:01 AM EST (GMT-5)
(or i guess you could say i dislike certain kinds of feminism/feminists but - I don't hate feminism in general - and i am still a feminist

as i've saaaaid)
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 6:42:10 AM EST (GMT-5)
THERE ARE ALSO A LOT OF FEMINISTS I AGREE WITH
I just mentioned that there are a lot I disagree with
but it's like
just depends on the feminist and such

i am so bad at phrasing things

....stop noooooooooow
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 6:51:29 AM EST (GMT-5)
Yeah, there are absolutely bad feminists. Like the recent radfem conference that banned transwomen.

But just as radical Islamic people aren't representative of Islamic people in general, so it is here. People will use and misuse ideology, and that's unfortunate. But the thing to understand is that their beliefs stem from a fundamental misunderstanding of what they claim to be talking about. No genuine feminist would abuse anyone for their sexual choices.
9 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Friday 11/30/12 - 7:40:10 AM EST (GMT-5)
I was raised by a single working mother. As far as 'big life decisions' go, I think she made mostly right ones, and has done very well as a person.

I want to get married and be a home maker. I want respect for this.

I am pro choice. I am pro-paternal abortion. To me feminism is the acquisition for proper reproductive rights, pre-and post-birth support, childcare, juvenile and adult education, research and funding in female-centric health treatment, proper legal and social treatment of rape and both sexual and non-sexual assault, and workplace equality.

I am a feminist, and I don't give a crap what you want to do with your life, as long as you don't have trouble doing it/try to make others do it.

I think you're an idiot.

Prev 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 Next (showing 201-225 of 251)



You need to be logged in to post a reply

New to YT? Create a Free Account ~ Have an Account? Log In

Top



10 Most Popular Questions Today
1 does anyone use this site anymore?

2 Should Scientologists be banned from advertising at county fairs?

3 Do you believe in free will?

4 Do you live in a home that has been owned by your family for multiple generations?

5 Do you still talk to any of your ex`s?

6 How do you view dead baby jokes?

7 Is it fair that this woman got away with purposefully miscarrying her two babies?

8 Hypothetically: If you knew that when you had children the females turned out straight and the males gay- would you genetically engineer to ensure that all your children were female? And vice versa.

9 Are Muslim nations ethically immature?

10 If your young son wanted to wear girls` clothes, would you be willing to buy the clothes for him?

More Questions
 
Edit