Question Who's Online | Find Members | Private Messages
Questions
Quizzes
Articles
My Journal
Forums
Answer Questions | Question Comments | My Questions | Favorites | +Add Question
LATEST
POPULAR PRIORITY RANDOM

All | Games | Funny | Entertainment | Quizzes | Weird | Tech | People | Arts/Lit | News | Science | Sports | Places | Misc

12,705 hits 2.3 (3 votes) Share Favorite | Flag 12 years ago by Noldor

Was Jesus Christ a Christian?


Put This Question on Your Page (MySpace, Livejournal, Blog, etc)
[Preview] EMBED CODE:


Prev 1 2 3 Next (showing 1-25 of 58)

Bottom Last Post

12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 1:47:06 PM EST (GMT-5)
wasn't he Jewish??? wasn't joseph and marry jewish?
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 1:53:19 PM EST (GMT-5)
His mother was a Jew, so I assume he was Jewish
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 2:44:14 PM EST (GMT-5)
To quote the Bloodhound Gang:

"Would I make a good messiah with my low self esteem?
If I don't believe in myself, would that be blasphemy?"

Basically (assuming he existed and the texts are reliable), he believed himself the be the son of god, so by the very definition, he was a Christian.

Now, the interesting question is in whether he would be a modern Christian, or if he would agree with half of what Paul wrote.
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 7:15:07 PM EST (GMT-5)
He was a Jew for Jesus.
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 8:37:52 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 2/19/10 - 1:47:06 PM jerilyn wrote:
wasn't he Jewish??? wasn't joseph and marry jewish?

exactly..
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 8:41:25 PM EST (GMT-5)
he was a jew but..... .he created christianity
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 9:35:35 PM EST (GMT-5)
He was Jewish; Judaism was the only religion that existed at that time.

I will never understand why some Christians believe Jews will go to hell, that implies that Jesus is burning in hell now.
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 9:46:31 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 2/19/10 - 1:47:06 PM jerilyn wrote:
wasn't he Jewish??? wasn't joseph and marry jewish?


It is possible to be ethnicly Jewish and religiously Christian.

Jesus was raised a Jew. He lived as a Jew. He can also have been the first Christian. A Jewish Christian.

Or not.
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 9:48:31 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 2/19/10 - 9:35:35 PM bluedaisy11 wrote:
He was Jewish; Judaism was the only religion that existed at that time. I will never understand why some Christians believe Jews will go to hell, that implies that Jesus is burning in hell now.

Some people just try too hard to outinsane you and it doesn't work when it's not natural
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 9:49:22 PM EST (GMT-5)
Christianity the religion didn't start until a while after he died. Peter and the other disciples still considered themselves Jewish.
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 9:52:30 PM EST (GMT-5)
^^^ Actually, early in the Christian movement, there was a question about whether someone would have to become Jewish (including circumcision and obeying all Jewish religious laws) before becoming Christian.

As more and more gentiles joined Christianity, it was decided that they didn't have to become Jewish first.
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 9:57:40 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 2/19/10 - 9:35:35 PM bluedaisy11 wrote:
He was Jewish; Judaism was the only religion that existed at that time.


Uh...no it wasn't.

And Jesus was Jewish. Christianity didn't begin until after he died.
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 10:00:06 PM EST (GMT-5)
Yes it was. There is no point in arguing with that fact because Judaism is the first recorded religion.
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 10:02:18 PM EST (GMT-5)
What about the Egyptian religion, the Greek religion, Abraham was part of another religion before he decided to go somewhere and begin anew.
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 10:04:09 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 2/19/10 - 10:00:06 PM bluedaisy11 wrote:
Yes it was. There is no point in arguing with that fact because Judaism is the first recorded religion.


So the Egyptians were Jewish?
And the Sumerians?

Hell, saying Judaism is the first recorded religion DIRECTLY CONTRADICTS THE TORAH

Abram, the father of the Jews and Judaism, lived in Ur and was called by the God to reject the "idol worship" of the Sumerians and follow him. I would expect a Jew to know her own faith
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 10:05:02 PM EST (GMT-5)
Well if you go by what historians say, the Egyptian religion predates Judaism.
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 10:05:17 PM EST (GMT-5)
Damn, beaten to the punch
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 10:06:28 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 2/19/10 - 10:00:06 PM bluedaisy11 wrote:
Yes it was. There is no point in arguing with that fact because Judaism is the first recorded religion.


Tell that to the Egyptians, the Hindus, the Buddhists, the Shinto, as well as many of the smaller tribal religions.
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 10:07:50 PM EST (GMT-5)
I think I meant earliest monotheistic religion. All of those are polytheistic.
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 10:09:05 PM EST (GMT-5)
Well then I would agree with you.
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 10:09:33 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 2/19/10 - 10:06:03 PM bluedaisy11 wrote:
Whatever. i don't really care that much, but it is the oldest religion commonly known.


It's one of the oldest religions, sure, but at the time of Jesus there were several other major religions worldwide.
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 10:10:27 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 2/19/10 - 10:07:50 PM bluedaisy11 wrote:
I think I meant earliest monotheistic religion. All of those are polytheistic.


Quit backpedalling.
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 10:11:37 PM EST (GMT-5)
I made a mistake, who doesn't. I am honest enough to admit that. that's not backpedaling. And you're ruining the thread arguing.
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 10:11:57 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 2/19/10 - 10:07:50 PM bluedaisy11 wrote:
I think I meant earliest monotheistic religion. All of those are polytheistic.


Again, you are wrong

1)Hinduism
2)Atenism
3)Zoroastrianism
12 yrs ago, 4 mos ago - Friday 2/19/10 - 10:14:18 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 2/19/10 - 10:07:50 PM bluedaisy11 wrote:
I think I meant earliest monotheistic religion. All of those are polytheistic.
On Friday 2/19/10 - 10:11:57 PM griffin_wf wrote:
Again, you are wrong 1)Hinduism 2)Atenism 3)Zoroastrianism

Hinduism is polytheistic, but I forgot about Zoroastrianism

Prev 1 2 3 Next (showing 1-25 of 58)



You need to be logged in to post a reply

New to YT? Create a Free Account ~ Have an Account? Log In

Top



10 Most Popular Questions Today
1 does anyone use this site anymore?

2 Which brand of jeans do you prefer: Levi`s or Wranglers?

3 When the aliens come to rescue us from the pole shift on December 21st, will they only take world leaders and their families?

4 Does your favourite movie pass the Bechdel test?

5 Do you live in a home that has been owned by your family for multiple generations?

6 Is it fair that this woman got away with purposefully miscarrying her two babies?

7 Have you gotten your COVID vaccine?

8 As you grew older, have you become more liberal or conservative?

9 What is the most times you`ve seen the same movie in a theatre: more or less than 5 times?

10 ketchup or mayonnaise?

More Questions
 
Edit