Miss North Carolina Kristen Dalton was crowned Miss USA on Sunday, but the big story to come out of the normally politics-free telecast was Miss California's comments regarding gay marriage.

When asked by judge Perez Hilton, an openly gay gossip blogger, whether she believed in gay marriage, Miss California, Carrie Prejean, said "We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517137,00.html Question Who's Online | Find Members | Private Messages
Questions
Quizzes
Articles
My Journal
Forums
Answer Questions | Question Comments | My Questions | Favorites | +Add Question
LATEST
POPULAR PRIORITY RANDOM

All | Games | Funny | Entertainment | Quizzes | Weird | Tech | People | Arts/Lit | News | Science | Sports | Places | Misc

788 hits 4.0 (1 vote) Share Favorite | Flag 13 years ago by KikiPeepers

Do you think Miss California Carrie Prejean would have won Miss USA if she'd have given a different answer to her question about gay marriage?
Miss North Carolina Kristen Dalton was crowned Miss USA on Sunday, but the big story to come out of the normally politics-free telecast was Miss California's comments regarding gay marriage.

When asked by judge Perez Hilton, an openly gay gossip blogger, whether she believed in gay marriage, Miss California, Carrie Prejean, said "We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933...


Put This Question on Your Page (MySpace, Livejournal, Blog, etc)
[Preview] EMBED CODE:


Bottom Last Post

13 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Thursday 4/23/09 - 12:02:05 AM EST (GMT-5)
She should know better than to drat with the gay mafia.
13 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Thursday 4/23/09 - 12:17:43 AM EST (GMT-5)
She just seems like a total bitch if you ask me.

Then again, as if any of these pageant winners hardly seem pleasant at all.
13 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Thursday 4/23/09 - 12:42:56 AM EST (GMT-5)
I dunno, I find Miss NC better looking anyway tbh.
13 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Thursday 4/23/09 - 12:59:08 AM EST (GMT-5)
yes, because the challenge was to answer eloquently and unoffensively, like a true woman representing America would.

she sputtered like a nervous little girl. she doesn't deserve to represent squat.
13 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Thursday 4/23/09 - 1:12:56 AM EST (GMT-5)
Oh, I'm sure one question is what pushed her to loserville...
13 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Thursday 4/23/09 - 3:11:08 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 4/23/09 - 1:12:56 AM KnifeGoingIn wrote:
Oh, I'm sure one question is what pushed her to loserville...


Tbh, I don't even know why they bother asking them questions...it's not like they're going to win on the basis of their opinions anyway.

Personally, I just find these contests in general really stupid and unfair. I'm offended by the pageant itself if anything.
13 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Thursday 4/23/09 - 3:51:44 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 4/23/09 - 3:11:08 AM DruidMoon wrote:
Personally, I just find these contests in general really stupid and unfair. I'm offended by the pageant itself if anything.


Agreed.

In regards to the question, I think she started out answering the question really well, but screwed it up in the last couple of sentences. So yeah, she could have won if not for the stupid answer. But what do you expect?
13 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Thursday 4/23/09 - 3:28:18 PM EST (GMT-5)
Not her fault that she got a gay question. You know its gonna cause contreversy no matter what she answers
13 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Thursday 4/23/09 - 4:04:07 PM EST (GMT-5)
I couldn't care less about these competitions.
13 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Thursday 4/23/09 - 5:31:42 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 4/23/09 - 3:28:18 PM sasuke3.0 wrote:
Not her fault that she got a gay question. You know its gonna cause contreversy no matter what she answers

No.

She could have gone on the middleground, like you're supposed to do in pageants.
13 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Thursday 4/23/09 - 5:35:33 PM EST (GMT-5)
i think that she lost because of her answer, but i am glad she said it. she stayed true to herself and her belief and she did not do it in a rude way. i feel like she should have won because she showed such honesty and self confidence.
13 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Thursday 4/23/09 - 7:03:48 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 4/23/09 - 3:28:18 PM sasuke3.0 wrote:
Not her fault that she got a gay question. You know its gonna cause contreversy no matter what she answers
On Thursday 4/23/09 - 5:31:42 PM Proserpine wrote:
No. She could have gone on the middleground, like you're supposed to do in pageants.

w/e
13 yrs ago - Monday 5/11/09 - 11:50:46 PM EST (GMT-5)
Would she have sounded like less of an idiot had she given a different answer?

I don't agree with what she said, but that isn't why her answer was a fail for me. WTF is "opposite marriage" and why does she think that we live in a country where you're allowed to have it? The problem with that answer isn't that I disagree with it. The problem is that she wasn't well-spoken or well-informed, two things Miss America is supposed to be.
13 yrs ago - Sunday 5/17/09 - 12:55:10 PM EST (GMT-5)
She should be executed for crimes against gays.
12 yrs ago, 8 mos ago - Friday 9/4/09 - 11:13:17 AM EST (GMT-5)
12 yrs ago, 8 mos ago - Friday 9/4/09 - 12:01:36 PM EST (GMT-5)
who cares? at least she had the balls to say what she really felt. kudos to her
12 yrs ago, 8 mos ago - Friday 9/4/09 - 12:21:20 PM EST (GMT-5)
They would've found out about the pictures which was a breach of her contract and she would've gotten the boot anyways.
12 yrs ago, 8 mos ago - Friday 9/4/09 - 2:52:25 PM EST (GMT-5)
I'm glad she's pretty much "done" now.

I didn't dislike her just because I disagreed with her argument or how she approached it, but also because she proved to be a whiny, overly defensive, drama queen and sore loser.

I don't dislike anyone just because I disagree with them on an issue, but I think she was milking the controversy for all it was worth, and probably would've continued to do so unless she won the pageant.



You need to be logged in to post a reply

New to YT? Create a Free Account ~ Have an Account? Log In

Top



10 Most Popular Questions Today
1 If you had a genetic disease, would you reproduce?

2 What does your money do?

3 Should Christians do yoga?

4 Do you live in a home that has been owned by your family for multiple generations?

5 Have you ever won a radio competition?

6 Would you volunteer to be hypnotized on TV?

7 Do you consider Wikileaks to be a beneficial or harmful organisation?

8 You're proving my point?

9 Have you ever seen an Aurora?

10 Would you make love with your clone?

More Questions
 
Edit