Maybe they waited until 2001 for a large scale attack because they knew Bush wouldn't be able to handle it right? Question Who's Online | Find Members | Private Messages
Questions
Quizzes
Articles
My Journal
Forums
Answer Questions | Question Comments | My Questions | Favorites | +Add Question
LATEST
POPULAR PRIORITY RANDOM

All | Games | Funny | Entertainment | Quizzes | Weird | Tech | People | Arts/Lit | News | Science | Sports | Places | Misc

963 hits Rate me! Share Favorite | Flag 16 years ago by KikiPeepers

Do you think the rise in anti-American terrorism since President Bush has been elected is partially due to his lack of intelligence?
Maybe they waited until 2001 for a large scale attack because they knew Bush wouldn`t be able to handle it right?


Put This Question on Your Page (MySpace, Livejournal, Blog, etc)
[Preview] EMBED CODE:


Prev 1 2 Next (showing 1-25 of 40)

Bottom Last Post

16 yrs ago, 2 mos ago - Saturday 3/18/06 - 11:36:24 AM EST (GMT-5)
I actually do think that it is on the rise, although I disagree that the terrorists waited until 2001 for THAT particular reason.
16 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Saturday 4/8/06 - 10:09:03 PM EST (GMT-5)
If you think hes an idiot, you dont get out much. There are people all over who are much, MUCH dumber than him.
16 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Saturday 4/8/06 - 10:12:06 PM EST (GMT-5)
Yeah, it could be that, or maybe it's the fact that since he has been elected he has declared war on two major terrorist states, thus agitating terrorists further.
16 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Saturday 4/8/06 - 10:12:17 PM EST (GMT-5)
Actually, I think anti-American terrorism is on the decline, especially since 9/11.
Don't forget, anti-American terrorism goes way back to the Reagan administration.
16 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Monday 4/10/06 - 5:39:35 PM EST (GMT-5)
On 4/8/2006 10:12:18 PM brett_weir wrote:
Actually, I think anti-American terrorism is on the decline, especially since 9/11. Don't forget, anti-American terrorism goes way back to the Reagan administration.

I agree. Most of the people who so proudly exclaim Bush is an idiot don't know their history or are so stubborn they "forget" about it. Like how past presidents just seemed to magically "disappear" from history.

I think the reason terrorists attacked was because there was a new president, not that the president lacked intelligence. A good war strategy, if you consider the terrorist's reasoning: wait 'till the targeted country elects a new president who doesn't have enough experience yet.

16 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Monday 4/10/06 - 5:40:46 PM EST (GMT-5)
I doubt it.

On 4/8/2006 10:09:03 PM Mathsucks2 wrote:
There are people all over who are much, MUCH dumber than him.

But most of them don't lead the most powerful country in the world.

16 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Monday 4/10/06 - 6:15:54 PM EST (GMT-5)
On 4/8/2006 10:12:18 PM brett_weir wrote:
Actually, I think anti-American terrorism is on the decline, especially since 9/11. Don't forget, anti-American terrorism goes way back to the Reagan administration.

Agreed. Of course most people will vote yes anyways...

16 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Friday 4/21/06 - 12:58:44 PM EST (GMT-5)
On the rise? where have you people been over the last 25 years. When i went to visit Germany and France 25 and 13 years ago,I was harassed, acosted, and told to leave my money and go home. I am a Brit with an American accent and passport. Anti-Americanism has always been a euro hobby.Always have been jealous.But when they need someone to save their butts, who ya going to call?
15 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Tuesday 8/1/06 - 1:28:22 AM EST (GMT-5)
On 4/8/2006 10:12:07 PM Aburame wrote:
Yeah, it could be that, or maybe it's the fact that since he has been elected he has declared war on two major terrorist states, thus agitating terrorists further.

My thoughts exactly.
15 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Tuesday 8/15/06 - 3:26:09 PM EST (GMT-5)
On 4/8/2006 10:12:07 PM Aburame wrote:
Yeah, it could be that, or maybe it's the fact that since he has been elected he has declared war on two major terrorist states, thus agitating terrorists further.

Iraq wasn't a terrorist state BEFORE we invaded it you tool.

Maybe, there have been alot less bombing on US embassies lately, maybe because theres none left...

15 yrs ago, 8 mos ago - Sunday 9/10/06 - 10:35:14 AM EST (GMT-5)
partly. but anti-us sentiment is something that's been building up for years and years due to america's increasing imperialsim. the us has been using other countries for its own benefit forever. its no wonder that these other countries would react
15 yrs ago, 8 mos ago - Sunday 9/10/06 - 10:38:46 AM EST (GMT-5)
omg this is sooooooo true Bush is really stupid
15 yrs ago, 7 mos ago - Saturday 10/7/06 - 11:57:35 AM EST (GMT-5)
It's just due to his inability to properly pronuncificate long words.
15 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Saturday 11/4/06 - 3:09:53 PM EST (GMT-5)
I'm sure it helps it out. We are an easy target now
15 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Saturday 11/18/06 - 10:57:37 AM EST (GMT-5)
Bush has such a vast reputation for being an idiot, but is he really as stupid as he makes himself out to be? Does he do it for popularity? America has a history of dumb Presidents - or at least, presidents that seem dumb. Reagan, both Bushes, and Clinton never struck me as intellectual.
15 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Saturday 11/18/06 - 11:02:28 AM EST (GMT-5)
I don't think its because he is stupid, per se. That is, I don't think the terrorists thought "well, bush won't be able to handle it, he's too dumb". I think he made some very unwise and untactful foriegn policy decisions that have been preceived (perhaps rightly so) as arrogance, imperialism, and western dominance. Its ticked a lot of people off.

Anouleth: Well Reagan has alstheimers. So yeah, he wasn't that bright.

But Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar. You really don't get much more intellectual than that.

15 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Saturday 11/18/06 - 12:43:29 PM EST (GMT-5)
"But Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar. You really don't get much more intellectual than that."

Yet during the eight years he was in the White House, the US went through plenty of terrorist attacks: WTC bombing, Rashid Baz shooting a group of Jews in NYC, Oklahoma City, Centennial Olympic Park, shootings in the Empire State Building, Khobar Towers, USS Cole...

For comparison, Wikipedia lists six *attempted* attacks during Bush's term in office - three of them foiled - and the worst, 9/11, was planned years in advance, long before anyone knew who'd be in the White House on the day.

It's also funny to look back at the criticism leveled at the time - like the guy convinced it was really *cyber*terrorism we all needed to worry about...

15 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Wednesday 12/6/06 - 4:16:49 PM EST (GMT-5)
So what you're saying is that Bush has spent hundreds of billions fighting terrorism, invading Afghanistan and Iraq, killed thousands of US troops, violated human rights across the globe, stripped Americans of their rights, allowed N. Korea and possibly Iran to develope nuclear weapons and sold fighter jets capable of delivering nuclear payloads to the Pakistanis ....

and Bush still hasn't managed to reduce the number of attempted terrorist attacks?

Sounds like time, money, and lives well spent to me

15 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Wednesday 12/6/06 - 4:20:48 PM EST (GMT-5)
I think the rise in anti-American terrorism is due to Bush's poor international policy rather than to his intelligence or lack thereof.

Bush's policies have made the US odious to the rest of the world, and alienated many of our allies.

15 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Wednesday 12/6/06 - 5:37:32 PM EST (GMT-5)
On 12/6/2006 4:20:49 PM wanderer wrote:
I think the rise in anti-American terrorism is due to Bush's poor international policy rather than to his intelligence or lack thereof. Bush's policies have made the US odious to the rest of the world, and alienated many of our allies.

What "rise" is that, considering the only one real attack which succeeded was plotted almost entirely under Clinton - and, it seems, partly foiled by the Bush administration grounding the aircraft as soon as the 9/11 plot became apparent?

Since then, they've attacked Britain, Iraq, Bali - but not America itself. A strange kind of "anti-American" terrorism which attacks other countries instead!

15 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Wednesday 12/6/06 - 6:55:21 PM EST (GMT-5)
They've attacked many, many Americans - in Iraq.
15 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Thursday 12/7/06 - 10:08:49 AM EST (GMT-5)
On 12/6/2006 6:55:21 PM wanderer wrote:
They've attacked many, many Americans - in Iraq.

Attacking the military doesn't normally qualify as any kind of "terrorism" - and how many American *civilians* have they attacked in Iraq who weren't involved in the war in any way?

15 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Thursday 12/7/06 - 10:15:36 AM EST (GMT-5)
Independent contractors? I'd say plenty.
15 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Thursday 12/7/06 - 10:23:54 AM EST (GMT-5)
On 12/7/2006 10:15:37 AM catchall wrote:
Independent contractors? I'd say plenty.

Quite a few, I'm sure, but I don't see them as "anti-American terrorism" (particularly since contractors of all nationalities have been targeted anyway). How many are genuinely "independent", anyway - as opposed to being US funded as part of the reconstruction efforts?

15 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Thursday 12/7/06 - 10:30:05 AM EST (GMT-5)
Take out the "terrorism" word of the question and I'd say yes.

I'M anti American. I'm not a terrorist though.


Prev 1 2 Next (showing 1-25 of 40)



You need to be logged in to post a reply

New to YT? Create a Free Account ~ Have an Account? Log In

Top



10 Most Popular Questions Today
1 What does your money do?

2 If you had a genetic disease, would you reproduce?

3 Is it fair that this woman got away with purposefully miscarrying her two babies?

4 Have you sent a postcard into PostSecret?

5 Would you make love with your clone?

6 Do people become more likeable once they`ve realized their faults?

7 Do you live in a home that has been owned by your family for multiple generations?

8 Is all learning good learning?

9 Does your favourite movie pass the Bechdel test?

10 Have you gotten your COVID vaccine?

More Questions
 
Edit