August 1988, Farsund. 4 killed. 2 injured. (Shotgun) July 2011, Oslo & Utoya. 77 killed. 319 injured (Bombing, rifle & pistol) October 2021, Kongsberg. 5 killed. 3 injured. (Bow &... Who's Online | Find Members | Private Messages
Questions
Quizzes
Articles
My Journal
Forums
Quests. | Journs. | Gen. | News | Quiz | Links | TV | Music | Movies | Games | Sports | Sug. | Lit. | Jokes | Artcls. | Newb | O.S.
Mass shootings in Norway…

Back to Thread List
Bottom Last Post

1 month ago - Wednesday 7/6/22 - 6:55:43 PM EST (GMT-5)
August 1988, Farsund. 4 killed. 2 injured. (Shotgun)

July 2011, Oslo & Utoya. 77 killed. 319 injured (Bombing, rifle & pistol)

October 2021, Kongsberg. 5 killed. 3 injured. (Bow & Arrows)

June 2022, Oslo. 2 killed. 21 injured. (SMG & pistol)

For some reason Noldor wants to discuss mass shootings in Norway.

So here’s the recent record. Four incidents over 34 years.

By way of contrast, the US Gun Violence Archive reports 23 incidents, 27 killed and 130 injured… so far THIS MONTH!
1 month ago - Wednesday 7/6/22 - 7:01:25 PM EST (GMT-5)
That’s still a fairly significant event considering it is one person with that level of disconnect from the human race.
1 month ago - Wednesday 7/6/22 - 9:31:25 PM EST (GMT-5)
Yes bur it was 11 years ago and it was discussed here at the time.

Noldor is being an ass.
1 month ago - Wednesday 7/6/22 - 9:38:20 PM EST (GMT-5)
I think a difference is Norway implemented new laws restricting semi-automatic weapons because of the one mass shooting. The USA has done very little restricting guns even with weekly mass shootings.
1 month ago - Thursday 7/7/22 - 2:28:52 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Wednesday 7/6/22 - 9:31:25 PM Boredofu wrote:
Noldor is being an ass.

Oh, I know!
But I’m just being more of an ass for a bit of light entertainment.
Selectively curating data to include an incident such as the 2011 Norway shootings to make Norway seem more inclined to gun violence than the US is the kind of dishonest, morally reprehensible bullsh*t you’d expect from extremist right-wing gun nuts.
Noldor is an utter bellend, but just telling him that isn’t as much fun as using facts rather than lies to demonstrate the fact.
1 month ago - Thursday 7/7/22 - 1:56:12 PM EST (GMT-5)
Nothing I posted was a lie. It’s just a matter of how you want to look at it, by number of incidents or number of deaths. (Penis glans notwithstanding.)
1 month ago - Thursday 7/7/22 - 2:51:12 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 7/7/22 - 1:56:12 PM Noldor wrote:
Nothing I posted was a lie.

This was a lie…
On Wednesday 7/6/22 - 11:55:54 AM Noldor wrote:
Why don’t you say that about Norway? They top the list of mass murder per capita.

1 month ago - Thursday 7/7/22 - 2:56:08 PM EST (GMT-5)
From the article: “Norway led the world with 1.88 deaths per million”

Is this a lie?
1 month ago - Thursday 7/7/22 - 3:06:58 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 7/7/22 - 2:56:08 PM Noldor wrote:
From the article: “Norway led the world with 1.88 deaths per million” Is this a lie?

Yes.

You cited statistics from 2009 - 2015 and used them to state that “Norway top the list of mass murder per capita”.

Those figures are both out of date and skewed by one particularly horrifying incident that was thankfully a statistical outlier.

If you’d said that Norway had historically and briefly topped that list, but now do not, you’d have been being more honest. You didn’t. You lied.
1 month ago - Thursday 7/7/22 - 3:23:08 PM EST (GMT-5)
The dates of the list are right there on the first post. That is not a lie. Norway topped the list of number of deaths during that date range. That is not a lie.
1 month ago - Thursday 7/7/22 - 3:26:06 PM EST (GMT-5)
Not being “more honest” (whatever that means) doesn’t mean I lied.
1 month ago - Thursday 7/7/22 - 3:32:23 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 7/7/22 - 3:23:08 PM Noldor wrote:
The dates of the list are right there on the first post. That is not a lie. Norway topped the list of number of deaths during that date range. That is not a lie.

Semantics.
You clearly stated “they top…”, not “they topped…”.

You misrepresented the data.

You lied.
1 month ago - Thursday 7/7/22 - 4:36:30 PM EST (GMT-5)
They top that list. Not a lie.
1 month ago - Thursday 7/7/22 - 4:54:03 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 7/7/22 - 4:36:30 PM Noldor wrote:
They top that list. Not a lie.

They top that list.
Absolutely.
It’s an outdated and badly skewed list, but Norway does indeed top it.

You implied that they top the list now.

That is patently untrue and was a transparent attempt to deflect attention from the fact that the USA is by far the worst industrialised nation when it comes to gun violence, mass shootings and homicide.

Your country is unsafe.

Until you acknowledge that obvious fact, you will be unable to tackle the problems that cause that situation.

Denial is dangerous.
1 month ago - Thursday 7/7/22 - 5:04:47 PM EST (GMT-5)
He won’t. He’s one of these douchebags who has a “ This house stands for the National Anthem and the Pledge” signs outside of his house all the while demanding that people who exercise their freedoms differently or even equally but not I’m alignment with his bullsh*t and will want to cancel them then decry cancel culture.



You need to be logged in to post a reply

New to YT? Create a Free Account ~ Have an Account? Log In

Back to Thread List
Top

 
Edit