Question Who's Online | Find Members | Private Messages
Questions
Quizzes
Articles
My Journal
Forums
Answer Questions | Question Comments | My Questions | Favorites | +Add Question
LATEST
POPULAR PRIORITY RANDOM

All | Games | Funny | Entertainment | Quizzes | Weird | Tech | People | Arts/Lit | News | Science | Sports | Places | Misc

27,366 hits 2.5 (46 votes) Share Favorite | Flag 2 years ago by chips2001

If a defendant is found `not guilty`, do you assume that they are innocent?


Put This Question on Your Page (MySpace, Livejournal, Blog, etc)
[Preview] EMBED CODE:


Prev 1 2 3 Next (showing 26-50 of 51)

Bottom Last Post

1 yr ago - Monday 5/1/17 - 9:56:55 AM EST (GMT-5)
Good, people are logical, finally.
1 yr ago - Monday 5/1/17 - 9:58:58 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 4/24/17 - 2:43:26 PM cszulins wrote:
No. And there have been so many famous cases where we all knew they were guilty.


Since we all know when people are guilty, maybe we can just do away with our courts system then...
11 months ago - Tuesday 6/13/17 - 6:07:29 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Sunday 5/29/16 - 4:41:34 AM skyfish wrote:
like i know that it doesn't necessarily mean that's the case, but i try to, because that seems the fairest to me, and you have to take some things on faith for the whole system to work

This. And I like what abz said too.

"There is not one who is good..." - Jesus

We all are guilty, so we have to treat each other with forgiveness, look on each others actions in the best possible light and move on. Otherwise the finger pointing and fault finding would never end.
11 months ago - Tuesday 6/20/17 - 12:23:33 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 4/24/17 - 2:43:26 PM cszulins wrote:
No. And there have been so many famous cases where we all knew they were guilty.
On Monday 5/1/17 - 9:58:58 AM CowDung wrote:
Since we all know when people are guilty, maybe we can just do away with our courts system then...


That's not what I said. I never said we all know when they are ALL guilty.
11 months ago - Tuesday 6/20/17 - 2:08:34 PM EST (GMT-5)
I'm not saying that you did...

11 months ago - Tuesday 6/20/17 - 5:33:58 PM EST (GMT-5)
So we still need our court system then. It just needs improved.
11 months ago - Wednesday 6/21/17 - 8:18:07 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Tuesday 6/20/17 - 5:33:58 PM cszulins wrote:
So we still need our court system then. It just needs improved.


My point was that we really don't need a court system if 'we all know' whether a person is guilty or not.

The 'improvement' you claim is needed is really just saying that the court system is sometimes out of line with the results of the trial by media in the court of public opinion. Personally, I'd rather stick with actual evidence, presented at trial to convict the guilty and free those who are not.
10 months ago - Tuesday 7/18/17 - 1:15:14 AM EST (GMT-5)
no, but we don't know. that's the point. but not enough to prove guilt
7 months ago - Wednesday 9/27/17 - 11:19:16 PM EST (GMT-5)
I go with the 'assumed innocent until proven guilty' idea.
7 months ago - Friday 10/13/17 - 5:58:40 PM EST (GMT-5)
All humans are sinful.
6 months ago - Sunday 10/22/17 - 2:45:34 AM EST (GMT-5)
To be honest lolgirlz, you're ugly. You look so basic and fake.

Also no I do not. Many times a guilty person is found not-guilty. And they are actually guilty.
6 months ago - Monday 10/30/17 - 12:32:37 AM EST (GMT-5)
Ha, absolutely not.
6 months ago - Saturday 11/11/17 - 2:04:42 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Wednesday 9/27/17 - 11:19:16 PM XatuGravelz wrote:
I go with the 'assumed innocent until proven guilty' idea.


I agree with you, but I would take it even further and say that I am more likely to believe someone is innocent even when a defendant is "found" guilty. So what I believe is similar to what some others have mentioned only I tend to have a bias to the defense based on my own experiences.
4 months ago - Saturday 1/20/18 - 9:44:03 AM EST (GMT-5)
If a defendant is found "not guilty" you should never assume that they are innocent because the number of people who lie in court is bigger than the number of people who tell the truth. People have the ability to manipulate the jury to believe their story and it happens more often then people think
4 months ago - Sunday 1/21/18 - 2:56:05 AM EST (GMT-5)
]
On Tuesday 6/13/17 - 6:07:29 AM dacash wrote:
This. And I like what abz said too. "There is not one who is good..." - Jesus We all are guilty, so we have to treat each other with forgiveness, look on each others actions in the best possible light and move on. Otherwise the finger pointing and fault finding would never end.


It's true that no one is perfect, but if you tell me I should forgive a torture-killer or child abuser, NO, I will not.

There are degrees of evil.
3 months ago - Monday 1/22/18 - 5:13:10 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 4/24/17 - 2:43:26 PM cszulins wrote:
No. And there have been so many famous cases where we all knew they were guilty.

Unless you're sitting there and have access to all the data, you still have an opinion based on incomplete evidence. Gut feelings don't work well with justice.
2 months ago - Sunday 3/4/18 - 12:31:48 PM EST (GMT-5)
Well, they declared Lizzie Borden innocent, but she was guilty

in the court of public opinion. If public opinion had decided

she was innocent, she wouldn't have been shunned.
1 month ago - Thursday 3/22/18 - 12:51:47 AM EST (GMT-5)
OJ Simpson ruined my faith in the innocence of the "not guilty."

But, I'm glad guilt really has to be proven.
1 month ago - Sunday 3/25/18 - 11:42:52 PM EST (GMT-5)
Ha ha ha

Yeah right.

Casey Anthony

What is really frustrating is when people who are obviously guilty get off because of lack of evidence or some other legal BS that gets in the way. Real justice is a joke.
1 month ago - Sunday 3/25/18 - 11:58:33 PM EST (GMT-5)
Wow, yeah, lack of evidence is just a terrible reason to not convict someone.

1 month ago - Monday 3/26/18 - 12:11:29 AM EST (GMT-5)
I didn't really mean "lack of evidence" as much as I meant when they won't allow it to be submitted. What is the word for it? I'll have to ask DH when he gets home.

I just hate legal loopholes that allow the true criminals to run free when they are obviously guilty. Like Casey Anthony, who would have hurt feelings if they actually gave her what she deserved? Anyone?
1 month ago - Monday 3/26/18 - 12:15:36 AM EST (GMT-5)
Yeah, there are rules of evidence that govern whether or not it can be submitted. They're sort of a basic principle of our legal system. Calling that a "loophole" or insisting that evidence should have been admitted because you "just know someone is obviously guilty" is...I mean just wow.
1 month ago - Monday 3/26/18 - 12:18:05 AM EST (GMT-5)
Well help me out...what is that word I am looking for. When evidence cannot be submitted because of a technical issue? But the evidence is there and concrete.

I've watched too many true crime shows.
1 month ago - Monday 3/26/18 - 12:18:52 AM EST (GMT-5)
I think the technical phrase for that is "you've watched too many crime shows."
1 month ago - Monday 3/26/18 - 12:20:41 AM EST (GMT-5)
No. Seriously, there is a word when evidence cannot be submitted due to a techinical issue. Or when some goofball makes a mistake on collecting evidence, etc.

Prev 1 2 3 Next (showing 26-50 of 51)



You need to be logged in to post a reply

New to YT? Create a Free Account ~ Have an Account? Log In

Top



10 Most Popular Questions Today
1 If a defendant is found `not guilty`, do you assume that they are innocent?

2 Should transgender people use the bathroom of the gender on their birth certificates, or by what gender they most look like?

3 Have you ever gotten a small loan of a million dollars?

4 Have you ever been in a fist fight before?

5 Is Rock and Roll here to stay?

6 Would you rather have no elbows or no knees?

7 Do you think Donald Trump will become the president of the United States?

8 Is Squidward`s skin color blue or green?

9 Has anyone from youthink ever been on Jeopardy?

10 Are you a dedicated follower of fashion?

More Questions
Friends
Daily Moment of Joy
Personality Quizzes
Funny Videos
I-Am-Bored.com
Free IQ Test
The Impossible Quiz
Intelligence Test
Relationship Test
Doodie Cartoons
 
Edit