Or would you rather have it remain a mystery? Question Who's Online | Find Members | Private Messages
Questions
Quizzes
Articles
My Journal
Forums
Answer Questions | Question Comments | My Questions | Favorites | +Add Question
LATEST
POPULAR PRIORITY RANDOM

All | Games | Funny | Entertainment | Quizzes | Weird | Tech | People | Arts/Lit | News | Science | Sports | Places | Misc

3,506 hits 3.5 (2 votes) Share Favorite | Flag 10 years ago by gabcab

Would you want to know if there is a God, and how the universe was created, if given the opportunity?
Or would you rather have it remain a mystery?


Put This Question on Your Page (MySpace, Livejournal, Blog, etc)
[Preview] EMBED CODE:


Prev 1 2 Next (showing 1-25 of 29)

Bottom Last Post

10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Thursday 1/7/10 - 7:48:00 PM EST (GMT-5)
Yes. Faith doesn't really cut it for me. I like proof.
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Friday 1/8/10 - 8:37:34 AM EST (GMT-5)
sure, that sounds very interesting, although I bet it'd all go over my head
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Friday 1/8/10 - 9:20:40 AM EST (GMT-5)
yeah sure although I feel like I have a pretty good idea; these questions were the thing that drove me through every day of my physics degree and you cover some amazing things.
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Friday 1/8/10 - 12:41:18 PM EST (GMT-5)
I know there is a God.
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Friday 1/8/10 - 12:47:16 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 1/8/10 - 12:41:18 PM Guardian_E wrote:
I know there is a God.


So would you say Yes or No
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Friday 1/8/10 - 1:06:44 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 1/8/10 - 12:41:18 PM Guardian_E wrote:
I know there is a God.

Knowing implies concrete proof.
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Friday 1/8/10 - 3:51:20 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 1/8/10 - 12:41:18 PM Guardian_E wrote:
I know there is a God.


No, you just like to think you do.
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Friday 1/8/10 - 4:01:16 PM EST (GMT-5)
I'd like to know how to go about getting the answer moreso than just simply knowing. Just knowing something is no fun.
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Friday 1/8/10 - 4:57:38 PM EST (GMT-5)
Here are the answers... maybe:
http://www.fullmoon.nu/articles/art...
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Friday 1/8/10 - 5:18:55 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 1/8/10 - 12:41:18 PM Guardian_E wrote:
I know there is a God.

And what definition of knowledge are you using?

Retard!
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Friday 1/8/10 - 6:18:24 PM EST (GMT-5)
We already know, or have a pretty comprehensive idea backed up by science & math, of how the universe came about (or was created, if you prefer).

If there is a God, S/He (They? It? Usthem?) obviously doesn't want to reveal Its existance in a way we'd all accept as objectively percievable. So if God exists, maybe us not being able to know this for sure as scientific fact is part of Its plan for our evolution. So no, I guess I prefer to have my doubts. I like the idea of a deity who doesn't have to hold our hands & spell everything out for us, because maybe all the questioning and searching is what It intended us to do.
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Friday 1/8/10 - 6:27:50 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 1/8/10 - 6:18:24 PM Absynth wrote:
We already know, or have a pretty comprehensive idea backed up by science & math, of how the universe came about (or was created, if you prefer). If there is a God, S/He (They? It? Usthem?) obviously doesn't want to reveal Its existance in a way we'd all accept as objectively percievable. So if God exists, maybe us not being able to know this for sure as scientific fact is part of Its plan for our evolution. So no, I guess I prefer to have my doubts. I like the idea of a deity who doesn't have to hold our hands & spell everything out for us, because maybe all the questioning and searching is what It intended us to do.


but surely he wouldn't offer you a special chance and ruin it all so we could assume that it would be okay if this happened...
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Friday 1/8/10 - 7:17:52 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 1/7/10 - 7:48:00 PM HaroldtheBat wrote:
Yes. Faith doesn't really cut it for me. I like proof.


Agreed
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Friday 1/8/10 - 8:06:25 PM EST (GMT-5)
It would be nice knowing. Goodluck spreading the word though. Trying to convince other people of what you now know would most certainly fall on deaf ears.
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Friday 1/8/10 - 10:29:44 PM EST (GMT-5)
Sure, who doesn't wonder about those things?
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Friday 1/8/10 - 11:04:13 PM EST (GMT-5)
f*ck u non-believers!
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Saturday 1/9/10 - 12:45:10 PM EST (GMT-5)
Yeah, because it if I told anyone they would just believe me straight away and we'll become best friends! At the psychiatric hospital.
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Friday 1/22/10 - 6:31:55 AM EST (GMT-5)
I wouldn't really want to know, because I think that there would be no point learning anymore if you knew everything about things like that. I find not knowing far more interesting.
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Friday 1/22/10 - 7:52:41 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 1/8/10 - 12:41:18 PM Guardian_E wrote:
I know there is a God.


QFT

I know there is a God. He is as real to me as the oxygen in the air.
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Friday 1/22/10 - 8:06:56 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 1/8/10 - 4:01:16 PM Malletman wrote:
I'd like to know how to go about getting the answer moreso than just simply knowing. Just knowing something is no fun.

Neither is just not knowing. So I'd say 'just' knowing how the universe was 'created' (either with or without a god) would still be quite interesting.
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Friday 1/22/10 - 10:32:16 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 1/8/10 - 12:41:18 PM Guardian_E wrote:
I know there is a God.
On Friday 1/22/10 - 7:52:41 AM reallygotme wrote:
QFT I know there is a God. He is as real to me as the oxygen in the air.


No you idiots. You both BELIEVE there is a God. If you KNEW there was a god then you would be able to provide objective, testable proof.

Your feelings, hunches and beliefs count for precisely dick to the other 6,797,900,000 human beings on the planet.

Theology aside, I would love to be able witness the moment when T=0 changed.
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Sunday 1/24/10 - 9:34:32 PM EST (GMT-5)
Guardian is a troll, calm down.

And of course. Why not?
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Monday 1/25/10 - 4:13:18 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 1/22/10 - 10:32:16 AM Brunnen_G wrote:
No you idiots. You both BELIEVE there is a God. If you KNEW there was a god then you would be able to provide objective, testable proof. Your feelings, hunches and beliefs count for precisely dick to the other 6,797,900,000 human beings on the planet. Theology aside, I would love to be able witness the moment when T=0 changed.


No, they know there is a G-d. Of course this is hard to recognize if you are closed minded, but we and the earth is proof that there is G-d.
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Monday 1/25/10 - 5:07:46 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 1/22/10 - 10:32:16 AM Brunnen_G wrote:
No you idiots. You both BELIEVE there is a God. If you KNEW there was a god then you would be able to provide objective, testable proof. Your feelings, hunches and beliefs count for precisely dick to the other 6,797,900,000 human beings on the planet. Theology aside, I would love to be able witness the moment when T=0 changed.
On Monday 1/25/10 - 4:13:18 PM bluedaisy11 wrote:
No, they know there is a G-d. Of course this is hard to recognize if you are closed minded, but we and the earth is proof that there is G-d.

You have a problem with your o-key?
10 yrs ago, 9 mos ago - Monday 1/25/10 - 5:11:24 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 1/25/10 - 4:13:18 PM bluedaisy11 wrote:
No, they know there is a G-d. Of course this is hard to recognize if you are closed minded, but we and the earth is proof that there is G-d.


And I say that the Earth and humanity are proof that there is no God.

We have proven that the Earth is 4.5 billion years old, not the 6000 your invisible wizard claims. We have also proven that humanity evolved from ape like ancestors, not dirt and spare ribs.

Proof, you idiot, not interpretation.

Prev 1 2 Next (showing 1-25 of 29)



You need to be logged in to post a reply

New to YT? Create a Free Account ~ Have an Account? Log In

Top



10 Most Popular Questions Today
1 If a defendant is found `not guilty`, do you assume that they are innocent?

2 Should transgender people use the bathroom of the gender on their birth certificates, or by what gender they most look like?

3 Have you ever gotten a small loan of a million dollars?

4 Have you ever been in a fist fight before?

5 Is Rock and Roll here to stay?

6 Would you rather have no elbows or no knees?

7 Do you think Donald Trump will become the president of the United States?

8 Is Squidward`s skin color blue or green?

9 Has anyone from youthink ever been on Jeopardy?

10 Are you a dedicated follower of fashion?

More Questions
Friends
Daily Moment of Joy
Personality Quizzes
Funny Videos
I-Am-Bored.com
Free IQ Test
The Impossible Quiz
Intelligence Test
Relationship Test
Doodie Cartoons
 
Edit