I think K-Mart is the only chain left that has them anymore- Question Who's Online | Find Members | Private Messages
Questions
Quizzes
Articles
My Journal
Forums
Answer Questions | Question Comments | My Questions | Favorites | +Add Question
LATEST
POPULAR PRIORITY RANDOM

All | Games | Funny | Entertainment | Quizzes | Weird | Tech | People | Arts/Lit | News | Science | Sports | Places | Misc

240 hits 2.0 (1 vote) Share Favorite | Flag 11 years ago by falconwing

Do you think that stores should bring back their lay-away departments?
I think K-Mart is the only chain left that has them anymore-


Put This Question on Your Page (MySpace, Livejournal, Blog, etc)
[Preview] EMBED CODE:


Bottom Last Post

11 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Monday 10/27/08 - 9:38:14 AM EST (GMT-5)
i didnt know that they didnt have them anymore
11 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Monday 10/27/08 - 9:41:13 AM EST (GMT-5)
I don't care about lay-away. It would do me no good at all for stores to have them.
11 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Monday 10/27/08 - 9:43:47 AM EST (GMT-5)
How else will i be able to afford that 52" plasma screen Sanyo tv?
11 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Monday 10/27/08 - 9:50:29 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 10/27/08 - 9:43:47 AM skinlessguy wrote:
How else will i be able to afford that 52" plasma screen Sanyo tv?


Credit card? That's what I thought killed layaway... People using credit cards instead. If you pay it off in a few months, the interest wouldn't be so awful and layaways only would hold a few months anyway.

If there is a demand and if stores have the space, sure, bring them back.
11 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Tuesday 4/21/09 - 5:35:06 PM EST (GMT-5)
I think layaway is great. I don't like having credit cards and layaway provides a little extra time to pay something in payments so that the money doesn't have to come out of just one pay check.
11 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Tuesday 4/21/09 - 6:18:53 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Tuesday 4/21/09 - 5:35:06 PM Angelica79 wrote:
I think layaway is great. I don't like having credit cards and layaway provides a little extra time to pay something in payments so that the money doesn't have to come out of just one pay check.

It's called saving your money...
11 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Tuesday 4/21/09 - 6:22:37 PM EST (GMT-5)
the more I think about this, the more retarded it seems. It's almost as if you would be paying a fee to have the store owner save your money for you, because you're just incapable of doing it on your own?

I really don't get it, why would you want to put something in layaway when you could simply put the payments into a savings account and than buy it outright...it would be cheaper and you'd get it sooner.
11 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Tuesday 4/21/09 - 6:26:53 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Tuesday 4/21/09 - 6:22:37 PM Raisinman wrote:
the more I think about this, the more retarded it seems. It's almost as if you would be paying a fee to have the store owner save your money for you, because you're just incapable of doing it on your own? I really don't get it, why would you want to put something in layaway when you could simply put the payments into a savings account and than buy it outright...it would be cheaper and you'd get it sooner.

Exactly. This is my logic on buying a car, but nobody listens to me.
11 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Tuesday 4/21/09 - 6:30:42 PM EST (GMT-5)
Well, at least when you make car payments, you get the car before its fully paid off. If you're not even getting what you're buying until it's paid off, there is absolutely no reason not to save your money yourself.
11 yrs ago, 1 mos ago - Tuesday 4/21/09 - 6:31:31 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Tuesday 4/21/09 - 6:29:54 PM Raisinman wrote:
Well, at least when you make car payments, you get the car before its fully paid off. If you're not even getting what you're buying until it's paid off, there is absolutely no point in doing it!

True. Down with layaway!
11 yrs ago - Saturday 5/2/09 - 5:53:26 PM EST (GMT-5)
Credit cards are the new layaway



You need to be logged in to post a reply

New to YT? Create a Free Account ~ Have an Account? Log In

Top



10 Most Popular Questions Today
1 If a defendant is found `not guilty`, do you assume that they are innocent?

2 Should transgender people use the bathroom of the gender on their birth certificates, or by what gender they most look like?

3 Have you ever gotten a small loan of a million dollars?

4 Have you ever been in a fist fight before?

5 Is Rock and Roll here to stay?

6 Would you rather have no elbows or no knees?

7 Do you think Donald Trump will become the president of the United States?

8 Is Squidward`s skin color blue or green?

9 Has anyone from youthink ever been on Jeopardy?

10 Are you a dedicated follower of fashion?

More Questions
Friends
Daily Moment of Joy
Personality Quizzes
Funny Videos
I-Am-Bored.com
Free IQ Test
The Impossible Quiz
Intelligence Test
Relationship Test
Doodie Cartoons
 
Edit