Question Who's Online | Find Members | Private Messages
Questions
Quizzes
Articles
My Journal
Forums
Answer Questions | Question Comments | My Questions | Favorites | +Add Question
LATEST
POPULAR PRIORITY RANDOM

All | Games | Funny | Entertainment | Quizzes | Weird | Tech | People | Arts/Lit | News | Science | Sports | Places | Misc

3,782 hits Rate me! Share Favorite | Flag 13 years ago by camelboy

What`s worse: Attacking someone based on their religious views or based on their looks?


Put This Question on Your Page (MySpace, Livejournal, Blog, etc)
[Preview] EMBED CODE:


Prev 1 2 Next (showing 1-25 of 46)

Bottom Last Post

13 yrs ago, 7 mos ago - Sunday 4/2/06 - 11:03:37 AM EST (GMT-5)
Both are equally bad as far as I'm concerned.
13 yrs ago, 7 mos ago - Sunday 4/2/06 - 11:09:02 AM EST (GMT-5)
Religious views. But they both suck.
13 yrs ago, 7 mos ago - Sunday 4/2/06 - 11:11:24 AM EST (GMT-5)
Religious views.

At least, that would bother me more, and I'm not even that religious.

13 yrs ago, 7 mos ago - Tuesday 4/18/06 - 12:02:00 AM EST (GMT-5)
Attacking someone based on their religious views causes more large-scale damage.
13 yrs ago, 7 mos ago - Tuesday 4/18/06 - 12:14:26 AM EST (GMT-5)
Religious beliefs. Chances are, if one person attacks you because of your looks, another person could think that you are beautiful.
13 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Saturday 4/29/06 - 2:03:32 PM EST (GMT-5)
Interesting question...

On one hand, religion is a very sensitive subject that should not be messed with.

But on the other hand, you control your religious views a hell of a lot more than you control your looks.

I don't know.

13 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Tuesday 5/2/06 - 11:59:39 AM EST (GMT-5)
Can't control your looks.
13 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Tuesday 5/2/06 - 12:17:31 PM EST (GMT-5)
I care a lot more about my spiritual faith and religious affiliation than about my appearance. There's something so crude about insulting someone's looks that as painful as it may be, it doesn't have as damaging an effect beyond that individual.
13 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Monday 5/8/06 - 11:04:12 PM EST (GMT-5)
Looks. At least when you have a different religion from others, you always have your beliefs to fall back on. Most likely, your religion teaches you that all of your detractors are enemies of some sort and you can always believe in the word of the religion, which can offer you some comfort.

When it comes to looks, you're not as likely to bounce back. Some people want to be accepted by others and looks could be a very important part of that. Looks could stop you from getting a girlfriend, getting a job, selling a product or signing a deal with a client. Religion teaches you to endure criticism, while society does not.

13 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Monday 5/8/06 - 11:05:38 PM EST (GMT-5)
Looks, because no one has any choice in that and a person's looks never really harmed anyone. I don't see anything wrong with attacking the religious beliefs of hateful fundamentalists like Falwell, The Pope, and the Muslim Ayatolla's.
13 yrs ago, 6 mos ago - Monday 5/8/06 - 11:08:38 PM EST (GMT-5)
i think that it depends on why youre attacking them
such as:
youre discussing religion and the other person doesnt get that you dont have believe in the same stuff that you do, they just wont let go of it, they want to change you

in that case i would attack that person because of their religous views, my fork is ready and waiting

ppl cant really do anything about what they look like, but they can be considerate of other people's beliefs

13 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Sunday 6/4/06 - 12:59:03 AM EST (GMT-5)
I've been judged based upon both, and they both hurt like hell.
13 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Sunday 6/4/06 - 1:03:37 AM EST (GMT-5)
Have you tried treating others the way you'd like to be treated?
13 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Sunday 6/4/06 - 5:24:46 PM EST (GMT-5)
On 6/4/2006 1:03:37 AM UncleLaughie wrote:
Have you tried treating others the way you'd like to be treated?

What does that have to do with anything?
13 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Sunday 6/4/06 - 5:28:58 PM EST (GMT-5)
On 6/4/2006 1:03:37 AM UncleLaughie wrote:
Have you tried treating others the way you'd like to be treated?

Good point, UL. If more people took something as simple as that into consideration before they acted then life would be slightly better for all.

Its not right to attack someone for their religious beliefs or their looks. I wouldn't want someone to do that to me so why do that to them?

13 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Sunday 6/4/06 - 5:31:31 PM EST (GMT-5)
On 6/4/2006 1:03:37 AM UncleLaughie wrote:
Have you tried treating others the way you'd like to be treated?

That is the golden rule after all

13 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Monday 6/5/06 - 3:50:15 PM EST (GMT-5)
I disagree w/ what UL said, b/c there is A LOT of Christian/agnostic/atheist-bashing on this website alone and there doesn't even need to be anything said to provoke it.
And just how would it go that way w/ looks?

13 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Monday 6/5/06 - 3:54:15 PM EST (GMT-5)
On 6/4/2006 1:03:37 AM UncleLaughie wrote:
Have you tried treating others the way you'd like to be treated?

People usually have good intentions with that principle, but I prefer to treat people the way that *they* would want to be treated.

At least, I *try* to.
The way that *I* want to be treated isn't always the same as how someone else wants to be treated.

13 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Tuesday 6/6/06 - 12:04:13 PM EST (GMT-5)
Ugh, melLowstar. You just inadvertantly quoted wolf_boy. I think the "golden rule" includes a provision for what you just said. You're not treating people the way you'd like to be treated in that you're buying them *your* favorite food; you're showing consideration for them the way you'd like consideration shown to you.
On 6/5/2006 3:50:16 PM AndDieNow wrote:
I disagree w/ what UL said, b/c there is A LOT of Christian/agnostic/atheist-bashing on this website alone and there doesn't even need to be anything said to provoke it. And just how would it go that way w/ looks?

Actually, what I really meant was, "Why don't you stop acting like such a bitch to everyone else, if you're tired of having your feelings hurt?"
13 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Tuesday 6/6/06 - 12:44:21 PM EST (GMT-5)
Attacking someone because of their looks is worse. People are free to choose their religion and people should be free to mock and ridicule them for that choice, people cannot choose their looks though, and so what do you really expect to achieve by attacking them? It's not like they can change their face without extensive plastic surgery.
13 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Tuesday 6/6/06 - 1:07:11 PM EST (GMT-5)
On 6/6/2006 12:44:22 PM BenS wrote:
...people should be free to mock and ridicule them for that choice...

If they're hypocritical and ignorant jerks, that is.
The flipside, BenS, is that the things we choose because we care about them may have greater meaning for us than things we can't control and therefore shouldn't worry about. If someone doesn't like my face, well, tough; that's what I have to work with. If it's something I chose and care deeply about, that's arguably more personal.
13 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Tuesday 6/6/06 - 1:14:55 PM EST (GMT-5)
Looks, by far.q
13 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Tuesday 6/6/06 - 1:40:34 PM EST (GMT-5)
Attacking someone for any unfounded reason is wrong, period.
13 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Tuesday 6/6/06 - 10:40:18 PM EST (GMT-5)
On 6/6/2006 12:04:13 PM UncleLaughie wrote:
Ugh, melLowstar. You just inadvertantly quoted wolf_boy. I think the "golden rule" includes a provision for what you just said. You're not treating people the way you'd like to be treated in that you're buying them *your* favorite food; you're showing consideration for them the way you'd like consideration shown to you. On 6/5/2006 3:50:16 PM AndDieNow wrote: I disagree w/ what UL said, b/c there is A LOT of Christian/agnostic/atheist-bashing on this website alone and there doesn't even need to be anything said to provoke it. And just how would it go that way w/ looks? Actually, what I really meant was, "Why don't you stop acting like such a bitch to everyone else, if you're tired of having your feelings hurt?"

Who was I being a bitch to? I'm really curious. Am I not supposed to defend my opinions?
Don't fxcking pull that 'bitch' card on me, b/c not even my ARCH ENEMY can say that about me.

13 yrs ago, 5 mos ago - Tuesday 6/6/06 - 10:41:37 PM EST (GMT-5)
Maybe I have you confused with someone else... aren't you a total bitch?

Prev 1 2 Next (showing 1-25 of 46)



You need to be logged in to post a reply

New to YT? Create a Free Account ~ Have an Account? Log In

Top



10 Most Popular Questions Today
1 If a defendant is found `not guilty`, do you assume that they are innocent?

2 Should transgender people use the bathroom of the gender on their birth certificates, or by what gender they most look like?

3 Have you ever gotten a small loan of a million dollars?

4 Have you ever been in a fist fight before?

5 Is Rock and Roll here to stay?

6 Would you rather have no elbows or no knees?

7 Do you think Donald Trump will become the president of the United States?

8 Is Squidward`s skin color blue or green?

9 Has anyone from youthink ever been on Jeopardy?

10 Are you a dedicated follower of fashion?

More Questions
Friends
Daily Moment of Joy
Personality Quizzes
Funny Videos
I-Am-Bored.com
Free IQ Test
The Impossible Quiz
Intelligence Test
Relationship Test
Doodie Cartoons
 
Edit