“It’s not a good situation. All the stars are aligned in the wrong place as you go into the fall and winter season, with people congregating at home indoors. [link]`` Who's Online | Find Members | Private Messages
Questions
Quizzes
Articles
My Journal
Forums
Quests. | Journs. | Gen. | News | Quiz | Links | TV | Music | Movies | Games | Sports | Sug. | Lit. | Jokes | Artcls. | Newb | O.S.
Fauci: US are "in for a whole lot of hurt" in regard to coronavirus

Prev 1 2 3 4 Next (showing 1-25 of 77)

Back to Thread List
Bottom Last Post

26 days ago - Sunday 11/1/20 - 1:29:26 PM EST (GMT-5)
“It’s not a good situation. All the stars are aligned in the wrong place as you go into the fall and winter season, with people congregating at home indoors. You could not possibly be positioned more poorly."
26 days ago - Sunday 11/1/20 - 1:44:04 PM EST (GMT-5)
99% of cases are mild. Isn't the survival rate something like at 99.974%? I had COVID. It was nothing. 55% of cases are asymptomatic.

Don't forget, you don't have to have COVID to be listed as dying from it.
26 days ago - Sunday 11/1/20 - 2:53:58 PM EST (GMT-5)
A simple calculation brings it to 2.5% death rate of people that get COVID. But it’s odd that in New York for example, the death rate is higher, something like 9%. So there’s something fishy about the numbers.
26 days ago - Sunday 11/1/20 - 3:47:13 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Sunday 11/1/20 - 2:53:58 PM Noldor wrote:
A simple calculation brings it to 2.5% death rate of people that get COVID. But it’s odd that in New York for example, the death rate is higher, something like 9%. So there’s something fishy about the numbers.

So New York is manipulating the numbers to make them appear higher?
26 days ago - Sunday 11/1/20 - 4:16:52 PM EST (GMT-5)
I don't know what's going on. Why should their numbers be different?
26 days ago - Sunday 11/1/20 - 4:17:45 PM EST (GMT-5)
Maybe they didn't have enough ventilators at the beginning.
26 days ago - Sunday 11/1/20 - 4:21:28 PM EST (GMT-5)
I'm sure there's quite a few different factors that would contribute. Compare general diet of someone living in the city to someone in the suburbs or rural areas. Level of exercise. Stress. Stress is such an under-recognised health problem.

Besides that the focus on death is rather deceiving. Look at people who have permanent health problems post-recovery from COVID and that tiny percentage gets a lot bigger.
26 days ago - Sunday 11/1/20 - 7:04:16 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Sunday 11/1/20 - 4:16:52 PM Noldor wrote:
I don't know what's going on. Why should their numbers be different?


Cuomo's brilliant plan to knowingly place infected people into nursing homes with healthy elderly people?

From NVSS on coding COVID, "COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death." An assumption is all that is needed.

Cases are suspect too. I personally know 4 people now who received letters from the CDC saying they tested positive for COVID. None of them were ever tested for it.

If they calculated flu deaths the same as COVID, then there would be millions of flu deaths per year in the US.

According to the CDC, only 6% of the claimed deaths actually died from just COVID.
26 days ago - Sunday 11/1/20 - 7:29:47 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Sunday 11/1/20 - 7:04:16 PM radioturk wrote:
According to the CDC, only 6% of the claimed deaths actually died from just COVID.


Oooo oooo oooo. Potholer just did a video on this point.

TLDW - "just COVID" is a fairly useless point as most conditions have comorbidities anyway. For a clear understanding of this event as a whole, simply compare the number of deaths this year compared to the average for the past decades. The number is not small, hence dismissing COVID related deaths is not well justified.
24 days ago - Tuesday 11/3/20 - 5:59:46 PM EST (GMT-5)
White House scientific adviser Dr Deborah Birx: “We are entering the most concerning and most deadly phase of this pandemic”.
“This is not about lockdowns – it hasn’t been about lockdowns since March or April,” Birx said. “It’s about an aggressive, balanced approach that is not being implemented.”
Americans need “consistent messaging about uniform use of masks, physical distancing and hand washing, with profound limitation on indoor gatherings especially with family and friends,” she wrote.
24 days ago - Wednesday 11/4/20 - 1:32:42 AM EST (GMT-5)
Half of the country doenst believe its a big deal or doesnt care.
Someone in this thread said they had it and it wasnt a big deal, I mean we had an 8th grader die of it here this week and a couple hundred thousand people....but it wasnt so bad for them so its no big deal.

We have governors who dont give a poo and dont do anything (like my state). I mean our hospitals are now full but like they all say its not a big deal. So what if a couple hundred thousand die its only 2% to them. Thats fine.
23 days ago - Wednesday 11/4/20 - 2:20:29 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Tuesday 11/3/20 - 5:59:46 PM Matthias wrote:
[link] “This is not about lockdowns – it hasn’t been about lockdowns since March or April,” Birx said. “It’s about an aggressive, balanced approach that is not being implemented.” Americans need “consistent messaging about uniform use of masks, physical distancing and hand washing, with profound limitation on indoor gatherings especially with family and friends,” she wrote.

Italy has a strict lockdown and requires masks by law, yet new cases of COVID have gone up.
23 days ago - Wednesday 11/4/20 - 5:27:14 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Tuesday 11/3/20 - 5:59:46 PM Matthias wrote:
[link] “This is not about lockdowns – it hasn’t been about lockdowns since March or April,” Birx said. “It’s about an aggressive, balanced approach that is not being implemented.” Americans need “consistent messaging about uniform use of masks, physical distancing and hand washing, with profound limitation on indoor gatherings especially with family and friends,” she wrote.
On Wednesday 11/4/20 - 2:20:29 PM Noldor wrote:
Italy has a strict lockdown and requires masks by law, yet new cases of COVID have gone up.

You think that contradicts what yet another expert says?
21 days ago - Friday 11/6/20 - 1:50:13 PM EST (GMT-5)
Record high the other day for county, state and nation. So much for "downward trend"
21 days ago - Friday 11/6/20 - 2:02:08 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 11/6/20 - 1:50:13 PM postallbear wrote:
Record high the other day for county, state and nation. So much for "downward trend"


Can we say they are 'increasing', or do they need to be above a certain level before we can use that term?
21 days ago - Friday 11/6/20 - 2:10:01 PM EST (GMT-5)
The rate at which they are increasing has increased
21 days ago - Friday 11/6/20 - 3:08:54 PM EST (GMT-5)
Sealion gonna bark. It's what they do.
21 days ago - Friday 11/6/20 - 3:33:55 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 11/6/20 - 3:08:54 PM postallbear wrote:
Sealion gonna bark. It's what they do.


You are the one that made up special rules for what we can call a decrease, I was wondering if you applied similar rules in the other direction...
21 days ago - Friday 11/6/20 - 3:38:14 PM EST (GMT-5)

21 days ago - Friday 11/6/20 - 4:05:23 PM EST (GMT-5)
Don't worry, according to the Trumpers it will disappear as soon as Biden is the Prez. Doesn't seem that will be too long now eh.
21 days ago - Friday 11/6/20 - 4:58:46 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 11/6/20 - 4:05:23 PM 3 mehs wrote:
Don't worry, according to the Trumpers it will disappear as soon as Biden is the Prez. Doesn't seem that will be too long now eh.


I guess we will see how well Biden does when it comes to controlling the virus. I suspect there will be little difference in results.


21 days ago - Friday 11/6/20 - 5:29:17 PM EST (GMT-5)
He’s going to order a strict lockdown and crash the economy
21 days ago - Friday 11/6/20 - 5:29:49 PM EST (GMT-5)
He’s going to have people arrested for not wearing a mask.
21 days ago - Friday 11/6/20 - 5:47:52 PM EST (GMT-5)
The virus is going to go on its merry little way no matter who is in charge. It's a very contagious virus. Plenty of cases either way.

The difference would be in which party gets the best healthcare for the most amount of people so they have a reasonable chance to survive it.
21 days ago - Friday 11/6/20 - 5:51:22 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 11/6/20 - 5:29:49 PM Noldor wrote:
He’s going to have people arrested for not wearing a mask.

On Friday 11/6/20 - 5:29:17 PM Noldor wrote:
He’s going to order a strict lockdown and crash the economy


I don't think he can Constitutionally. It's up to the governors to do stuff like that (if anyone has the authority), but that didn't allow them to blame Trump.

Biden even backed off on his mask mandate policy once he was told that he didn't have the authority to impose such a mandate.


Prev 1 2 3 4 Next (showing 1-25 of 77)



You need to be logged in to post a reply

New to YT? Create a Free Account ~ Have an Account? Log In

Back to Thread List
Top

 
Edit