President Trump said Saturday that he plans to “negotiate” to run again in 2024 if he wins reelection in November, his latest in a series of comments that have alarmed... Who's Online | Find Members | Private Messages
Questions
Quizzes
Articles
My Journal
Forums
Quests. | Journs. | Gen. | News | Quiz | Links | TV | Music | Movies | Games | Sports | Sug. | Lit. | Jokes | Artcls. | Newb | O.S.
Trump suggests he would 'negotiate' a third term as president because he is 'probably entitled' to i

Prev 1 2 3 Next (showing 1-25 of 61)

Back to Thread List
Bottom Last Post

10 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 12:17:06 AM EST (GMT-5)
President Trump said Saturday that he plans to “negotiate” to run again in 2024 if he wins reelection in November, his latest in a series of comments that have alarmed critics who say he has little regard for constitutional boundaries.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...
10 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 12:18:31 AM EST (GMT-5)
*it

Letter was truncated.
10 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 12:26:52 AM EST (GMT-5)
In case people can't read Forbes article:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 7:03:21 AM EST (GMT-5)
Well Putin is his role model
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 7:39:47 AM EST (GMT-5)
Wouldn't it be easier for everybody if he simply did NOT win re-election in November and then tried to run again in 2024?
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 7:45:22 AM EST (GMT-5)
And he thinks he's "probably entitled to another four years" "based on the way we were treated"??
What does that even mean? The worse people think f yxou the longer you're entitled to serve?
Didn't know the US Presidency was basically a consolation prize for butt-hurt toddlers.
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 7:50:29 AM EST (GMT-5)
If the Trump supporters on this site are anything to go by his voting base consists of overgrown butthurt toddlers.
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 8:58:34 AM EST (GMT-5)
If Trump can truly find a way to negotiate a third term, then he probably deserves it, and should write a book about the art of the deal, because he would obviously be the best negotiator in history.
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 12:24:20 PM EST (GMT-5)
Doesn't sound like there's much truth to this. From the link:

""I think the eight-year limit is a good thing, not a bad thing," Trump later told Wallace in 2018, though he has continued to float the idea of a third term.

In June 2019, Trump told the "Meet the Press" host Chuck Todd that he was only joking when saying he'd try to serve more than two terms as president."
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 12:25:55 PM EST (GMT-5)
I'm actually against hard term limits. The term limit should be when they get voted out or decide not to run again.
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 1:16:11 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 9/14/20 - 12:24:20 PM Noldor wrote:
Doesn't sound like there's much truth to this.

What do you mean with not much truth to this? He literally said said on record. How can you claim it's untrue?
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 1:28:12 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 9/14/20 - 8:58:34 AM CowDung wrote:
If Trump can truly find a way to negotiate a third term, then he probably deserves it, and should write a book about the art of the deal, because he would obviously be the best negotiator in history.


I know you're trying to be humorous, but I don't find his comments funny in the least on this topic.
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 1:28:50 PM EST (GMT-5)
I'm sick af of Trumpers denying what he's said on tape.

Get f*cking real.
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 2:02:12 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 9/14/20 - 12:24:20 PM Noldor wrote:
Doesn't sound like there's much truth to this.
On Monday 9/14/20 - 1:16:11 PM Matthias wrote:
What do you mean with not much truth to this? [link]How can you claim it's untrue?

So he was joking in 2019, but he’s not joking now?
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 2:04:49 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 9/14/20 - 1:28:50 PM Rag_Doll_ wrote:
I'm sick af of Trumpers denying what he's said on tape. Get f*cking real.

I posted actual quotes too. Do you deny those?

(Btw, who uses tape anymore?)
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 2:37:18 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 9/14/20 - 8:58:34 AM CowDung wrote:
If Trump can truly find a way to negotiate a third term, then he probably deserves it, and should write a book about the art of the deal, because he would obviously be the best negotiator in history.
On Monday 9/14/20 - 1:28:12 PM Rag_Doll_ wrote:
I know you're trying to be humorous, but I don't find his comments funny in the least on this topic.


Maybe you lack a proper sense of humor.
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 3:04:19 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 9/14/20 - 12:24:20 PM Noldor wrote:
Doesn't sound like there's much truth to this.
On Monday 9/14/20 - 1:16:11 PM Matthias wrote:
What do you mean with not much truth to this? [link]How can you claim it's untrue?
On Monday 9/14/20 - 2:02:12 PM Noldor wrote:
So he was joking in 2019, but he’s not joking now?

Perhaps we have a different definition of 'truth'. If it was untrue then Trump was lying.
Do you think he was lying? Don't think so. If you think he was joking (which I think he was not reall but that's not the point here) then perhaps it wasn't meant serious but it's stilll strue that he said it.
In time like these you have to be careful with the misuse of the word truth.
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 3:05:09 PM EST (GMT-5)
sorry for the numerous typos ...
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 3:17:34 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 9/14/20 - 1:28:50 PM Rag_Doll_ wrote:
I'm sick af of Trumpers denying what he's said on tape. Get f*cking real.
On Monday 9/14/20 - 2:04:49 PM Noldor wrote:
I posted actual quotes too. Do you deny those? (Btw, who uses tape anymore?)


When did I deny what you posted?

He's a proven liar, so I'm not sure why anyone would believe anything he says, tbh. What we have to go by in judging a person, however, are their words and actions. That's just reality.
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 4:15:27 PM EST (GMT-5)
If nobody should believe anything he says, why is this statement about 'negotiating for a third term' even noteworthy?
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 5:02:54 PM EST (GMT-5)
What a sad question about the POTUS.
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 6:07:33 PM EST (GMT-5)
That's kinda what happens when one party nominates a turd sandwich and the other counters with a giant douche. Same for 2020.


9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 6:19:31 PM EST (GMT-5)
Stop trying to justify the GOP becoming the party of Trump by blaming Democrats.
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 6:21:47 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Monday 9/14/20 - 6:19:31 PM Courtbebe wrote:
Stop trying to justify the GOP becoming the party of Trump by blaming Democrats.


I wasn't doing that, but now that you bring it up, the Dems are not totally without blame for Trump winning the nomination...
9 days ago - Monday 9/14/20 - 6:25:57 PM EST (GMT-5)
That’s exactly what you’re doing. It’s what you always do.

You redirect attention from Trump/the GOP by throwing out whatabouts.

You minimize the GOP’s/Trump’s actions by making little jokes whenever their actions are so egregious even you can think of a defense.

When you can come up with a defense, no matter how ridiculous, you sea lion away until meaning and reason are lost.

You’re just a monkey flinging poo for the Trump party.

Prev 1 2 3 Next (showing 1-25 of 61)



You need to be logged in to post a reply

New to YT? Create a Free Account ~ Have an Account? Log In

Back to Thread List
Top

 
Edit