[link] The same week we learned that the mysterious whistleblower complaint (which the DNI refuses to hand over to congress even though it`s their legal duty to do so) was... Who's Online | Find Members | Private Messages
Questions
Quizzes
Articles
My Journal
Forums
Quests. | Journs. | Gen. | News | Quiz | Links | TV | Music | Movies | Games | Sports | Sug. | Lit. | Jokes | Artcls. | Newb | O.S.
Pres. Trump's attorney admits to asking Ukraine to investigate political rivals

Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next (showing 1-25 of 382)

Back to Thread List
Bottom Last Post

2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 11:25:18 AM EST (GMT-5)
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/19/...

The same week we learned that the mysterious whistleblower complaint (which the DNI refuses to hand over to congress even though it's their legal duty to do so) was about Trump making disturbing "promises" while on the phone with the leader of the Ukraine.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...
2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 11:59:13 AM EST (GMT-5)
“is anybody dumb enough to believe that I would say something inappropriate with a foreign leader while on such a potentially ‘heavily populated’ call.” - Trump
2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 12:00:21 PM EST (GMT-5)
Again, his attorney admitted on television that he asked a foreign government to investigate a political rival.
2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 12:02:58 PM EST (GMT-5)
“Maybe if Obama did that the Biden Family wouldn’t have bilked millions from Ukraine and billions from China;” - Giuliani

Isn’t that something that should be investigated?
2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 12:09:45 PM EST (GMT-5)
Pop quiz, Noldor: what do you know (without googling) about the Biden/Ukraine situation, besides what has come out of the mouth of the president's personal fixer/spin doctor?
2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 1:09:01 PM EST (GMT-5)
Nothing
2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 1:30:32 PM EST (GMT-5)
As expected.

This is not a legitimate call to investigate a potential crime that there's any evidence actually happened.

This is the president you elected putting pressure (public and private) on a foreign government to investigate one of his political rivals, for the purposes of furthering his own political aims.
2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 1:58:51 PM EST (GMT-5)
As Trump has stated, those phone calls are “heavily populated”. He would be foolish to suggest such a thing. And if he had, it would’ve raised multiple red flags right away.
2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 2:07:52 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 9/20/19 - 1:58:51 PM Noldor wrote:
As Trump has stated, those phone calls are “heavily populated”. He would be foolish to suggest such a thing. And if he had, it would’ve raised multiple red flags right away.

The president's
attorney
admitted it
on
TV
2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 2:10:28 PM EST (GMT-5)
And it DID raise red flags - what do you think a whistleblower complaint IS, but a red flag?! The flag was big enough and red enough that it was considered an "urgent matter," which means the DNI was legally obligated to hand over the complaint to congress. Which they've refused to do, in violation of the law.
2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 2:18:40 PM EST (GMT-5)
If Trump was not foolish and did nothing wrong, then why block the complaint? The Inspector General said the "complaint was an urgent matter of serious or flagrant abuse that must be shared with lawmakers".

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...

2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 2:23:18 PM EST (GMT-5)
The very idea of someone actually believing "Trump would not be foolish enough to" [fill in the blank] kind of tells me all I need to know about that person's grasp on reality/the facts.
2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 2:38:15 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 9/20/19 - 11:59:13 AM Noldor wrote:
“is anybody dumb enough to believe that I would say something inappropriate with a foreign leader while on such a potentially ‘heavily populated’ call.” - Trump


Considering that he has said inappropriate things multiple times in the past....

The problem is that Trump simple doesn't understand what is appropriate and inappropriate.

He believes he has done nothing wrong.

Ever.
2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 6:08:53 PM EST (GMT-5)
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Trump repeatedly pressured the Ukrainian leader on the phone call to investigate Biden's son.
(link is to CNN because WSJ is behind paywall)
Washington Post has the same reporting.

Trump also claimed the whistleblower was "partisan," even though he (supposedly/ideally) has no knowledge of the person's identity - and it was his own ICIG that *he appointed* who deemed the report urgent/credible.

This entire thing stems from Biden's request that a prosecutor in Ukraine be removed. This was consistent with US government policy, and also consistent with the policy of many western European governments. There is absolutely zero evidence that Biden was doing anything besides delivering a message, and no evidence of impropriety.

2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 6:12:17 PM EST (GMT-5)
This is the president pressuring a foreign government to open a bogus investigation into his potential 2020 opponent, based on wild conspiracy theories that have no basis in reality. That is illegal, and a massive abuse of power. And not a peep from republicans about it, elected or otherwise.
2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 6:43:35 PM EST (GMT-5)
Just keep accusing him of stuff, maybe something will stick.
2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 6:49:08 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 9/20/19 - 6:43:35 PM Noldor wrote:
Just keep accusing him of stuff, maybe something will stick.


Are you claiming that none of this is true? What is your basis for that?
2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 6:53:22 PM EST (GMT-5)
Or is your argument that you just don't care about this kind of blatant corruption, abuse of power, and solicitation of election interference from a foreign government?
2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 7:51:25 PM EST (GMT-5)
How’s that Russian collusion thing going?
2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 8:31:31 PM EST (GMT-5)
*chuckle sovietly.jpg*
2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 9:27:23 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 9/20/19 - 6:53:22 PM birdsong4j wrote:
Or is your argument that you just don't care about this kind of blatant corruption, abuse of power, and solicitation of election interference from a foreign government?

2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 9:30:46 PM EST (GMT-5)
Quote fail. But yeah, it's this one ^
2 months ago - Friday 9/20/19 - 10:38:52 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 9/20/19 - 6:43:35 PM Noldor wrote:
Just keep accusing him of stuff, maybe something will stick.


Donald Trump wrote:
'I could shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters'


It doesn't matter what he is accused of or what he has done, he's the teflon man.
He probably could shoot someone and tell the Be-lie-vers some story and they would believe him. Or they just wouldn't care.

Trump is God.
2 months ago - Saturday 9/21/19 - 1:34:09 AM EST (GMT-5)
His followers seriously don't care unless he takes their guns from them. His other multiple egregious violations of the constitution and common decency don't mean a goddamn thing to them.
2 months ago - Saturday 9/21/19 - 2:30:13 AM EST (GMT-5)


Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16 Next (showing 1-25 of 382)



You need to be logged in to post a reply

New to YT? Create a Free Account ~ Have an Account? Log In

Back to Thread List
Top

 
Edit