[link]        There are so many different news articles on this.        Read a few. Form an opinion.        It`s absolutely wrong. In my opinion.     Who's Online | Find Members | Private Messages
Questions
Quizzes
Articles
My Journal
Forums
Quests. | Journs. | Gen. | News | Quiz | Links | TV | Music | Movies | Games | Sports | Sug. | Lit. | Jokes | Artcls. | Newb | O.S.
Virginia Governor Faces Backlash

Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next (showing 1-25 of 124)

Back to Thread List
Bottom Last Post

17 days ago - Thursday 1/31/19 - 9:46:22 PM EST (GMT-5)
When a child is born, "aborting" them is murder.

There are so many different news articles on this.

Read a few. Form an opinion.

It's absolutely wrong. In my opinion.
17 days ago - Thursday 1/31/19 - 9:48:51 PM EST (GMT-5)
17 days ago - Thursday 1/31/19 - 9:50:23 PM EST (GMT-5)
17 days ago - Thursday 1/31/19 - 9:52:59 PM EST (GMT-5)
17 days ago - Thursday 1/31/19 - 9:53:41 PM EST (GMT-5)

The Divided States of America

Yep.

17 days ago - Thursday 1/31/19 - 9:58:35 PM EST (GMT-5)
so the current rule is that there needs to be a decision made by three doctors before this type of procedure is performed when a woman’s life is in danger

and he supports loosening that restriction to where it just needs to be between the doctor and patient...

and people are getting up in arms about this?

wtf
17 days ago - Thursday 1/31/19 - 10:02:28 PM EST (GMT-5)
« The measure introduced by state Rep. Kathy Tran, a Democrat, would remove language requiring that a pregnancy’s risk to the mother be “substantial and irremediable.” The proposal would also change the number of doctors required to sign off on a late-term abortion, from three to one, provided that it is performed in a licensed hospital and that not doing so would “impair the mental or physical health” of the mother or result in her death.
The law would apply up to ? but not including ? birth. »

Nothing worth a scandal about this. GOP trying to get a few news cycles with this, probably.
17 days ago - Thursday 1/31/19 - 10:03:56 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 1/31/19 - 9:58:35 PM Disappears wrote:
so the current rule is that there needs to be a decision made by three doctors before this type of procedure is performed when a woman’s life is in danger and he supports loosening that restriction to where it just needs to be between the doctor and patient... and people are getting up in arms about this? wtf


Yeah the uproar is just ill-informed/stupid people, really. The only situations where this is even at issue are ones where either a) the mother's life is in danger, or b) the fetus is incompatible with life (aka has a birth defect that would ensure either stillbirth or extremely short and painful life before death).
17 days ago - Thursday 1/31/19 - 10:07:27 PM EST (GMT-5)
I’m trying to understand what the fuss is about. Are people thinking that the “discussion” is about killing the infant that they just spent time and effort doing a resuscitation on?
Do people really believe that?
17 days ago - Thursday 1/31/19 - 10:09:17 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 1/31/19 - 10:03:56 PM birdsong4j wrote:
Yeah the uproar is just ill-informed/stupid people, really. The only situations where this is even at issue are ones where either a) the mother's life is in danger, or b) the fetus is incompatible with life (aka has a birth defect that would ensure either stillbirth or extremely short and painful life before death).


People really need to read better/ more detail, instead of what they want to hear.
I have a few people on my fb feed up in arms and its just. Sigh. Eye roll.
17 days ago - Thursday 1/31/19 - 10:53:58 PM EST (GMT-5)
Ugh this is bring it all the religious crazies (they all happen to religious, I swear) on my fb too.

So many dumb misinformed posts about how women should not be able to kill their baby at 8 months pregnant for now reason. One is even saying that they know someone who had an abortion at 8 months pregnant because the mother wasn’t getting along with the father which I’m sure is not true. Grinding my gears tonight.

17 days ago - Thursday 1/31/19 - 11:39:30 PM EST (GMT-5)
My Facebook feed is also full of idiots claiming the left wants to kill children. The most common whataboutism is we protect bald eagles and not our own children. It's about as logical as the "what's next, legalize marrying toaster ovens?" Argument about gay marriage.

The interesting thing to me is the right has picked up on post birth infanticide. Like, research the Trisomy genetic defects. There are a couple of them and only one IIRC can support life, down syndrome. These infants are born dead people walking, outside of down syndrome.

I kinda believe that a decision can be made to end human suffering. Euthanasia should be legal, and that should extend to unborn, third trimester children with maternal consent.

Trisomy isnt the only situation where an infant can be born to die, of course, but one that I'm most familiar with.

17 days ago - Thursday 1/31/19 - 11:43:23 PM EST (GMT-5)
The option to not resuscitate a child is equal, but different, to a DNR.

Now, I'm not advocating eugenics or any watered down version of that. After the 2nd trimester, barring mortal peril to the mother, I'm not for abortion. But the option to abort a non viable child or choosing life instead of parenthood are both decent reasons.
17 days ago - Thursday 1/31/19 - 11:45:09 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 1/31/19 - 11:39:30 PM Orion wrote:
My Facebook feed is also full of idiots claiming the left wants to kill children.


I straight-up responded to one of our mutuals about it. I keep waiting for him to unfriend and block me over this sh*t.
17 days ago - Thursday 1/31/19 - 11:47:00 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 1/31/19 - 11:43:23 PM Orion wrote:
After the 2nd trimester, barring mortal peril to the mother, I'm not for abortion. But the option to abort a non viable child or choosing life instead of parenthood are both decent reasons.


Sometimes it's not evident that a fetus is non-viable until after the second trimester, though.
17 days ago - Thursday 1/31/19 - 11:48:35 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 1/31/19 - 11:39:30 PM Orion wrote:
My Facebook feed is also full of idiots claiming the left wants to kill children.
On Thursday 1/31/19 - 11:45:09 PM birdsong4j wrote:
I straight-up responded to one of our mutuals about it. I keep waiting for him to unfriend and block me over this sh*t.



Yeah, I saw that. I'll be blocked and unfriended in 6 months time. That persons shift to the religious right is the most astounding thing I think I've ever witnessed.

It took me a long time to understand white privilege, but once i got it I realized I can use that person as a shining star example. Silver spoon fxcking xsshole
17 days ago - Thursday 1/31/19 - 11:50:00 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 1/31/19 - 11:43:23 PM Orion wrote:
After the 2nd trimester, barring mortal peril to the mother, I'm not for abortion. But the option to abort a non viable child or choosing life instead of parenthood are both decent reasons.
On Thursday 1/31/19 - 11:47:00 PM birdsong4j wrote:
Sometimes it's not evident that a fetus is non-viable until after the second trimester, though.


Probably worded wrong. If at any time the child becomes non viable then the option should become available as well as the mortal peril of the mother being an issue
17 days ago - Thursday 1/31/19 - 11:50:07 PM EST (GMT-5)
You guys are friends with ricky schroder?
17 days ago - Thursday 1/31/19 - 11:53:10 PM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 1/31/19 - 11:43:23 PM Orion wrote:
After the 2nd trimester, barring mortal peril to the mother, I'm not for abortion. But the option to abort a non viable child or choosing life instead of parenthood are both decent reasons.
On Thursday 1/31/19 - 11:47:00 PM birdsong4j wrote:
Sometimes it's not evident that a fetus is non-viable until after the second trimester, though.
On Thursday 1/31/19 - 11:50:00 PM Orion wrote:
Probably worded wrong. If at any time the child becomes non viable then the option should become available as well as the mortal peril of the mother being an issue

Yeah, fair enough, and I kind of thought that's what you meant. Just wanted to clarify that some defects aren't known until after 6+ months.

(I feel for those people so much because they're nearly always aborting a wanted pregnancy...)
17 days ago - Thursday 1/31/19 - 11:56:49 PM EST (GMT-5)
Yeah, the number of people at week 38 that want to abort voluntarily has to be a small number, and any OB/GYN should look at those requests and respond with the medical profession version of "fxck you, you knew what you signed up for, deal with it"
17 days ago - Friday 2/1/19 - 12:00:59 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 1/31/19 - 11:56:49 PM Orion wrote:
any OB/GYN should look at those requests and respond with the medical profession version of "fxck you, you knew what you signed up for, deal with it"

I...don't really agree with that. But I have maybe arguably a radical view on bodily autonomy when it comes to pregnancy and abortion.
17 days ago - Friday 2/1/19 - 12:01:18 AM EST (GMT-5)
Can you still get your baby tested, and say, no thank you I don’t want a retard?

That’s still common practice, right?
17 days ago - Friday 2/1/19 - 12:02:22 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Thursday 1/31/19 - 11:50:07 PM CuckingFunt wrote:
You guys are friends with ricky schroder?


Had to look this one up, solid pull.
17 days ago - Friday 2/1/19 - 12:04:04 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 2/1/19 - 12:01:18 AM Wolf_In_Jar wrote:
Can you still get your baby tested, and say, no thank you I don’t want a retard? That’s still common practice, right?


Glad you switched to your 'edgy' alter for this comment.
17 days ago - Friday 2/1/19 - 12:04:15 AM EST (GMT-5)
On Friday 2/1/19 - 12:01:18 AM Wolf_In_Jar wrote:
Can you still get your baby tested, and say, no thank you I don’t want a retard? That’s still common practice, right?

They didn't do it for your mom!

Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next (showing 1-25 of 124)



You need to be logged in to post a reply

New to YT? Create a Free Account ~ Have an Account? Log In

Back to Thread List
Top

 
Edit